Planning and Pickup
Our preferred discharge time is Noon. Boxed lunches are available for the patient and the person taking him or her home, if needed.
Patients discharged from radiology, 4th floor, 5th floor, 6th floor or 7th floor can be picked up at the North Tower Entrance off of North Hospital Drive.
Patients discharged from endoscopy, infusion or outpatient surgery can be picked up at the East Entrance off of East Hospital Drive.
Some patients are discharged with little need for additional care or services, while others have more treatments ahead. You may require specialized, in-home treatment including home health, hospice, durable medical equipment or infusion services. Under the direction of your doctor, your social worker can discuss options with you and arrange for services.
Sometimes an illness, surgery, or personal situation may make it difficult to continue your recovery at home. In this case, your doctor and social worker will consult with you and your family about additional options for care including skilled nursing facilities, rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute-care hospitals, assisted living facilities and medical day care centers.
Physical Warning Signs
After being discharged, notify your doctor if you experience:
- Severe nausea or vomiting.
- Fever of 101ºF or greater.
- Uncontrolled pain.
- Increased redness, warmth or hardness around an operative site.
- Bleeding through dressings.
- Inability to urinate (pass water) within 8 hours after surgery, unless advised as normal by your nurse or doctor.
- Increasing drainage from a site on the body.
North Tower Patient Pickup
- Radiology – (803) 791-2460
- 4th Floor – (803) 936-7374
- 5th Floor – (803) 936-7375
- 6th Floor – (803) 936-7376
- 7th Floor – (803) 936-7377
East Tower Patient Pickup
- Endoscopy – (803) 791-2343
- Infusion – (803) 791-2287
- Outpatient Surgery – (803) 791-2448